Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your reservation with Hornblower Cruises & Events!
Tickets are not required for boarding. However, please check in with your confirmation number and your last name upon boarding. We hope that your Hornblower cruise will be an exciting and memorable event.
Please note the following Terms & Conditions:
1. If you need to make changes to your order, visit our website at www.hornblower.com to login and edit your reservation. Add guests, enhancements or change the date. Cancellations cannot be accepted online. If you would like to be seated with someone who holds an existing reservation, please contact our customer service department at [email protected] or contact us. You must have the reservation number of the existing booking in order to join it. Otherwise, we will need to speak with the reservation holder directly.
2. All payments are FINAL and NON-REFUNDABLE.
3. All guests must check-in prior to boarding on the day of their cruise.
4. Hornblower is UNABLE to compensate or reschedule any guests who miss their cruise due to traffic or any other circumstance.
5. Our yachts depart promptly at their scheduled time. In the rare event of extreme weather, your cruise will be held dockside.
6. All yachts are subject to change without notice.
7. A minimum 48-hour notice prior to the cruise date is required to reschedule your cruise to another sailing date. There is a change fee associated with any date changes.
8. Reservations are taken on a space-available basis, and are not confirmed until payment is received.
9. Any discounts or coupons must be mentioned at the time of payment.
10. If your cruise is in California, a service charge will be collected at the time of your reservation, related to the cruise, food, beverage and the service included in your purchase. This charge is not a gratuity and will not be distributed as a gratuity to our employees who provide service to you. If you wish to purchase additional beverages or food enhancements onboard, we recommend you leave a gratuity onboard based on the quality of service provided to you.
11. The additional Landing Fee charged for California cruises, and the Administrative Charge charged for New York cruises, offset a wide range of costs unique to maritime business operations. These may include required specialized Port facility repairs, percentage rental payments, employee health care obligations and other fees, licenses, regulatory, environmental and maritime security costs. Neither the Landing Fee nor the Administrative Charge is a gratuity and neither will be distributed to our employees. If you are cruising in New York and voluntarily leave an onboard gratuity, that gratuity will become the property of the person to whom you leave it.
12. In addition to sales tax, we are assessed taxes by some of our local governments for use of the harbor. They are paid directly and in full to the local government of the appropriate city.
13. Please call for wheelchair accessibility as some of our yachts are not accessible.
14. In compliance with U.S. Coast Guard requirements, photo I.D. is required of all passengers 18 years of age or older.
15. By attending a Hornblower Cruise, you agree that we may take photographs or video of the cruise on which you are sailing or for the event you are attending, and we may use those photographs or video on our website and for other promotional purposes.
16. Should Hornblower cancel the event for any reason, the primary guest listed on the reservation will be contacted via phone and email (please ensure all contact information on your reservation is correct). If Hornblower cancels the event, each reservation will be given the option to reschedule, or be refunded.
17. Hornblower reserves the right to refuse service or remove guests from a vessel, event or premises at any time if determined, in Hornblower’s sole discretion, to be necessary (1) for appropriate safety reasons, (2) if a guest causes discomfort, inconvenience, or annoyance to other guests, crew members or agents, or (3) if a guest’s behavior is deemed to threaten the safety, good order or discipline.
18. For the safety of Hornblower’s crew and guests, all persons, purses, handbags, and backpacks are subject to search before boarding a Hornblower vessel. Hornblower reserves the right to not allow any bag, parcel or other item and to deal with any unattended object, bag, backpack, or luggage in such way as Hornblower considers appropriate.
19. The use of illegal or controlled substances, including smoking marijuana, is not permitted at any time. The smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products the produce a vapor or smoke is allowed only in designated outdoor smoking areas.
20. Limitation on Liability. (a) IN THE EVENT YOU ARE INJURED, BECOME ILL, OR DIE, OR YOUR PROPERTY IS LOST OR DAMAGED, HORNBLOWER WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES UNLESS THE OCCURRENCE WAS DUE TO HORNBLOWER’S NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL FAULT. HORNBLOWER DISCLAIMS LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, MENTAL SUFFERING OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY WHICH WAS NOT: (i) THE RESULT OF PHYSICAL INJURY TO YOU CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP; (ii) THE RESULT OF YOU HAVING BEEN AT ACTUAL RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY, AND SUCH RISK WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP; OR (iii) INTENTIONALLY INFLICTED BY A CREWMEMBER OR THE MANAGER, AGENT, MASTER, OWNER OR OPERATOR OF THE SHIP. IN NO EVENT WILL HORNBLOWER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. (b) HORNBLOWER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN ADDITION TO THE LIMITATIONS OF, AND EXEMPTIONS FROM, LIABILITY GRANTED UNDER THE AGREEMENT, HORNBLOWER ALSO RETAINS ANY AND ALL LIMITATIONS OF, AND EXEMPTIONS FROM, LIABILITY ACCORDED TO SHIP OWNERS AND TOUR OPERATORS BY STATUTE OR RULE OF LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE PROVIDED FOR IN 46 UNITED STATES CODE APP. SECTIONS 30501 30511, WHICH ARE UNITED STATES STATUTES LIMITING THE LIABILITY OF VESSEL OWNERS. (c) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING 46 UNITED STATES CODE APP. SECTIONS 30501-30511, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND ANY AND ALL OF YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR TO INSTITUTE OR CAUSE TO BE INSTITUTED ANY KINDS OF CLAIM OR ACTION IN ANY FOREIGN, FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL AGENCY OR COURT AGAINST US ARISING OUT OF, IN THE COURSE OF, FROM OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE CRUISE OR THE AGREEMENT.
21. Time Limits for Noticing Claims and Filing and Service of Lawsuits. (a) IN ANY CASE GOVERNED BY 46 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 30508, WHICH IS A UNITED STATES STATUE THAT PERMITS ANY SHIP OWNER TO LIMIT THE TIME DURING WHICH A PASSENGER MAY FILE A CLAIM OR COMMENCE SUIT AGAINST A SHIP OWNER, YOU MAY NOT MAINTAIN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HORNBLOWER OR THE SHIP FOR LOSS OF LIFE OR BODILY INJURY UNLESS WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE CLAIM IS DELIVERED TO HORNBLOWER NOT LATER THAN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH OR INJURY, THE LAWSUIT IS COMMENCED NOT LATER THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH OR INJURY, AND VALID SERVICE OF THE LAWSUIT ON HORNBLOWER IS MADE WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE EXPIRATION OF THAT ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD. (b) FOR ALL OTHER CLAIMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, BREACH OF AGREEMENT, ILLNESS OR DEATH OR INJURY, NOT GOVERNED BY 46 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 183b, YOU MAY NOT MAINTAIN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HORNBLOWER OR THE SHIP, NOR WILL WE OR THE SHIP BE LIABLE THEREFORE, UNLESS WE ARE PROVIDED WITH WRITTEN NOTICE OF CLAIM WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER CONCLUSION OF THE CRUISE, THE LAWSUIT FOR SUCH CLAIM IS COMMENCED NOT LATER THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER CONCLUSION OF THE CRUISE, AND VALID SERVICE OF THE LAWSUIT ON HORNBLOWER IS MADE WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE EXPIRATION OF THAT ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD. IN THE CASE OF A CLAIM BY OR ON BEHALF OF A MINOR OR LEGALLY INCOMPETENT PERSON, THE TIME PERIODS DESCRIBED ABOVE SHALL BEGIN TO RUN ON THE EARLIER OF: (i) DATE OF APPOINTMENT OF A LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MINOR OR LEGALLY INCOMPETENT PERSON, OR THEIR ESTATE (AS THE CASE MAY BE); OR (ii) THREE (3) YEARS AFTER THE DAY OF DEATH, INJURY OR DAMAGE, AS APPLICABLE.
22. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
Attire Recommendations: Your Hornblower Cruise is an opportunity to get dressed up.
1. For Dinner and Cocktail Cruises: We ask that women wear cocktail attire, a dress or dressy casual clothing like pants, a sundress, nice shorts or a nice outfit. For men, we recommend dressy casual clothing such as nice pants or shorts and a collared shirt. Designer jeans are acceptable. Casual jeans, t-shirts, athletic shoes and flip flops are discouraged.
2. For Lunch and Brunch Cruises: For women, we recommend casual clothing like pants, a sundress, nice shorts or a nice outfit. For men, we recommend dressy casual clothing such as nice pants or shorts and a collared shirt. Casual jeans, t-shirts, athletic shoes and flip flops are acceptable.
3. For Sightseeing Harbor, River and Whale Watching Tours: Casual clothing is acceptable.
For questions or concerns regarding this confirmation or your reservation, please contact our reservation department at 1-800-668-4322, ext. 8, during regular business hours, or email us at [email protected]. Regular business hours are 8am-7pm daily.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!